First Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2000-2004)

Old 02-15-2010, 07:23 PM
01 Xterra SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
Because of electronics, you are going to have a hard time dropping in an engine that did not come out of an Xterra. That's not saying it can not be done, but you'll need wiring harnesses and at a minimum the ECU.
true....oh wait that wasn't a question
Old 05-05-2010, 07:57 PM

Talking

Well boys, I came across this thread by accident and read the questions being posed. I thought, 'Who is the super stud asking such insightful questions?' I looked at the name and it was good ole me. Anyway you boys gave me a serious foundation to build on. I bought a second 01 Xterra with the upper engine torn down. I bought the truck for parts, but my other X passed 200,000 and is still going, so I am going to rebuild the dismantled engine. I am going to incorporate some of the ideas discussed here and when it is done I am keeping all my new knowledge to myself or at least keep it from Mike

First Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2000-2004) > Xterra Tech Topics > Powertrain & Driveline